It’s the beginning of the year and so many people are cracking open fresh planners, myself included.
Everyone who plans has their own list of their favorite things to use. I love to see what is important to others. It’s so inspiring to see how others use their planners!
Here is my list of planning must-haves:
- 2023 Planner – I love this planner because there’s enough structure to keep me on track and enough space to be creative and exactly what I need week to week.
- Favorite pen for writing – My absolute favorite pen for writing is the Zebra F-402. It’s a 0.7 mm tip, which is thin and crisp. It’s so smooth and a great black color!
- Favorite pen for headings – I use a hard tip Tombow Fudenosuke for headings and titles. It’s fun to practice handlettering with it and it makes the headings stand out against the paper.
- Markers for color coding and highlighting – I love using Tombows for the color. This is kind of new for me. For the past few years, I’ve been using Zebra Mildliners for my color coding (and I still LOVE them) but I wanted a few new colors for color coding so I grabbed a few Tombows.
- Washi tape – I’ve been using washi tape for a long time for planner decoration but also for marking pages and taping in important scraps of paper that I accumulate, like business cards, appointment cards, etc.
- 6 inch ruler – I like having this short ruler handy for quick lines and boxes. I don’t use it a ton now in my new planner, but I use it all the time in my other dotted journals.
What are your must-haves for planning and journaling? Are you more minimalistic with just a pen and notebook? Or do you go all out and end up with a photo-filled scrapbook of sorts?