So far, I’m enjoying this goals thing! It’s been fun to remind myself that I have a deadline to complete tasks, and I think I work well under pressure. Granted, that’s not necessarily reflected in this month’s goals…I didn’t do so hot in completion, but I made strides! And that’s important!
Let me make some excuses and be a little vulnerable before we dive right in. January has been a hard month. Life has just been difficult. Throughout the holidays, I feel like we ride this sort of “high” of being on vacation from work, spending lots of time with family, doing fun, out-of-the-ordinary kinds of things and we kind of get to “check-out” of real life. Then *smack* January comes and you really notice all of those things that you’d pushed out of your mind. This January, some changes happened at work that took me by surprise, some opportunities have come in my personal life that I couldn’t pass up but have taken a lot of brain space, and some progress is being made in the legal case of our cherish child. Lots and lots of “stuff” has just been happening and truthfully, I feel a little overwhelmed. A lot overwhelmed, actually. So sometimes, through good and bad things, life is just hard.
Sorry to be #vagueblogging. I’ll be sharing a lot more details in the future but for now, on to the review of last month!
• Read a book. Okay, I didn’t finish a book, but I almost finished one! That’s got to count for something, right? I started reading (and almost finished! :)) Radical Hospitality. I will definitely be doing a review on this book because I feel EVERYONE should read it. It will make you look at your neighbor in a completely different light.
• Finish decorating the nursery. I did this! I added the last few touches to the nursery and I love it! I’ll be sharing all the details soon!
• Blog three times a week. Ick. Let’s just not talk about this one. Failed. Miserably.
On to goals for February!
• Finish decorating the guest bath: Our guest bath actually connects to the guest room and the hallway, so it’s super convenient to the nursery. That also means that I want it to be nice for guests, but still have a sweet nursery feel. I painted it months ago but pretty much stopped right there. Well this month is the month!
• Finish the book I started last month. Ha! It’s really good! I really just need to make more time.
• Work out three times a week. This is something I did actually start last month. Well, my husband started this last month and kind of went along with it. I’d like to keep it up, even though I HATE working out…ugh. This week, I’m already behind but I bought a new pair of work out pants so that totally counts.