So are you interested in oils but not exactly sure how you’d use them? You’ll be glad you stopped in today!
Something I haven’t covered yet in this series is two very important terms in the world of essential oils: Neat and Diluted.
Neat: the apply oil straight out of the bottle without “watering down” or diluting in any way. This is great for oils like lavender, lemon, joy, and valor when used on the skin. (You do run the risk of using up oils a little quicker this way so be careful!)
Diluted: Mixing your essential oil with a carrier oil before use. The is awesome for two reasons: your oils will last longer and you gain benefits from carriers oils like moisturizing your skin, killing germs, and increasing good cholesterol levels and reducing bad cholesterol levels! Really!
Below are three ways to use essential oils.
***Disclaimer: Essential oils are extremely powerful. I can only recommend that Young Living oils be applied directly to the skin or ingested due to the nature of their purity. Other brands simply are not pure enough and contain high levels of synthetics. Young Living oils are 100% pure with 0% synthetics.***
Here are some of my favorite daily uses for Young Living essential oils:
• I mix Frankincense and Purification with a carrier oil (I use grape seed, currently, but am going to experiment soon) as a morning moisturizer. It feels incredible, my makeup applies much better, and Frank and Purification are great for clearing up blemishes and keeping my skin healthy!
• I add one or two drops of Lemon to my drinking water. It tastes amazing and it’s great for my immune system. It also flushes toxins from my body and boosts my energy.
• I rub a drop of Stress Away (neat) on my wrists when I’m feeling anxious. It calms my nerves and smells heavenly!
• During thunderstorms, and any other time my dog is anxious, I rub a drop of Stress Away (neat) on the very tips of her ears and on the pads of her feet. Calms her down right away!
• I diffuse Peace & Calming in our diffuser at night or during the day when I feel jittery or need to relax.
• I rub a drop of Peppermint (neat) on my temples when I feel a headache coming.
• I rub a drop of PanAway (neat) on any sore muscle or joint. I almost broke my toe on our dining chair one night and when I went to bed, my whole foot was throbbing and I couldn’t put all of my weight on it. I rubbed it down with PanAway and by the time I woke up, it was 100% better!
• I made a pain cream of PanAway, Peppermint, Valor, and coconut oil. Use it in place of an OTC pain cream like IcyHot or Bengay!
• I rub a drop of Valor on the bottom of mine and my husband’s big toes when we go to bed. It greatly reduces snoring for both of us! (Yes, we both snore…)
• Lavender is my absolutely favorite to diffuse at night when we are sleeping.
• I rub a drop of Lavender across the bridge of my nose when I feel some stuffiness coming on. Lavender is a natural antihistamine!
• I add a drop of Joy to the diffuser when my kids are playing to lift the mood in the room!
• I rub a drop of Thieves on a toothache to kill the germs and take away the pain.
• I gargle with Thieves in a bit of water to kill a sore throat!
These are just SOME of the uses that I’ve found for the oils in my starter kit. It’s incredible what these oils can do! I will say that there are many combinations that treat many issues and symptoms. However, the same combination won’t work for everyone. It’s important to be willing to experiment to find what works for you!
Dont’ forget: this Saturday I’m co-hosting a workshop! I’d love for you to come hang out!