There’s something special about Fridays, right? I work a normal Monday through Friday, 9-to-5 kind of job. At least, mostly. I don’t mean that in any bad sort of way. I love my job. I get up on Monday mornings feeling great about the work I go to do. Not everyone can say that.
But it’s being in my office for more hours Monday through Friday than I am awake at my own house that make Fridays so special. The week has slowed down, mostly, and there is a stillness about Friday mornings that I love, while at the same time having an anticipation for what the weekend holds.
I’d like to start something new around here. On Fridays, I’d like to dish about things swirling around in my head. This can be a way for me to get out all the random thoughts that have no place of their own inside my own brain, while also being a place to share fun things I find around the web. So join me?
- Are you one of those people who keep a hundred different tabs open in your internet browser at all times? I am. There are a handful that are always open so that I can get to them quickly. Then there are those that I open with intentions to read them later. Sometimes, after a few days, there are so many open tabs that when I need to jump between them quickly, I can’t always find what I need and it makes my browser laggy. I just used this comparison when explaining my brain to two different people this week. In my brain, I always have tabs open, with tons of information swirling around and around, and my mind will jump between tabs when I feel like I need to think about something specific. This happens constantly. There is no time when my brain is not going 90 miles a minute. This may sound like it leads to productivity and fast-paced-ness, but often, it leads the exact opposite: stalling out. It feels really good to close tabs when I have finished processing a thought! Hence this blog post.
- I’m really into Shane & Shane lately. I go through moods where they are at the top of my playlist. The last two weeks have been like that. This one and this one are my favorite two songs right now.
- A couple of weeks ago, I caught a stomach bug from my son, who I’m sure brought it home from daycare. The bad part is that I didn’t have an appetite for about 6 days. The good part is that the virus itself was short-lived and I lost 5 pounds!
- Today is graduation for the seniors at the university where I work. I’m going to miss so many of these knuckleheads! I have three work study students graduating! The office just won’t be the same without them!
- I have been crossing things off my 101 Things list! I have some blog posts coming soon! Have you ever done a list like this? I’m having so much fun!
Okay, 5 things is enough for now. How do you sort your thoughts? Do you “brain dump” like this or do you have a more organized way?