So school has started (at least at the university where I work) and I’ve been burning a pecan pie scented candle in my living room for the past week and a half. That means Autumn is here, right?
Well, I guess not technically but I’m embracing all things Fall! In addition to burning a candle and making a Fall wreath, here are some other things that scream Fall to me!
1. LEAVES: We have about 10 or 12 ENORMOUS oak trees in our front yard. This is our first Autumn in this house so I can’t wait to see what the trees do. I hope they look like this!
2. BOOTS: Can’t wait for boots! Much to my husband’s probable dismay (once he reads this), I think it’s time to up my boot game. I have a pair of awesome riding boots…but they are a little worse for the wear and not office appropriate any more. I do like to wear boots to the office with a skirt and some tights so I’ve got my eye on something like this:
But sister here ain’t gonna drop $80 on a pair of boots. I know that doesn’t sound like a lot, but when it comes to clothes and shoes…I’m CHEAP! So something like these are way more the style of my wallet. 🙂
These are less than $40. Now THAT’S what I’m talking about! Cody wouldn’t mind that quite as much. 😉
3. BOOT CUFFS: With boots come boot cuffs! I LOVE wearing these things.
4. GOOD SMELLY THINGS: I LOVE candles, but I also LOVE wax warmers. I have a few scattered throughout the house. These are my favorite scents right now. All of these came from Walmart for $2 each!
5. SCARVES. Who doesn’t love a good scarf?! I just bought a couple from Charlotte Russe. I work at a university and the bright blue in the first one is one of our school colors so it will be perfect to wear on #SWUBlue Wednesdays!
And the second one is so soft and light but will keep my neck warm on those windy days.
These scarves are only $5 each! Go grab some!
Bring it on, Fall!