Happy Friday, one and all!
I need a brain dump. And I need a new Friday link-up (until InstaFridays get going again…I sure hope they do!)
1. I just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird (again) and had pre-ordered Go Set a Watchman, so Tuesday of this week, I trotted off to the bookstore to pick up my copy.
Side note: I love Amazon. I really do. And we order from there almost once a week (hello Prime!), if not more. But there is something about going into bookstore and thumbing through books and finding things on sale and the smell! The smell of a bookstore is intoxicating. Totally worth the mark-up on books. Okay, sometimes worth it.
So I went to the bookstore to pick up my pre-ordered copy and I started reading it. I’ll be honest, though. I’m a little nervous. I don’t want this book to ruin everything I’ve ever known and loved about TKaM. Anyone feel me? Who else is reading it?
2. Gilmore Girls. I’m on Season 6. WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE??? Total, unashamed addiction. I’ll admit – it was a slow start for me, but after the first episode or two, I had fallen hard. Go watch it.
3. I’ve started using an Erin Condren planner. Y’all. Life = changed. The price was definitely off-putting at first, but the trade-off has been sooooooo worth it. I’ll be blogging about it TONS more. Just get ready.
4. Music. For several weeks, I’ve had Sara Watkins new album on repeat. Good stuff.
5. Maybe I should have called this Entertainment News with Kindel. Books, TV Shows, Music. I’m just missing a good movie to talk about.
6. Except that I haven’t seen any good movies lately. Except Cars. And Cars 2. And Despicable Me. And Despicable Me 2. #LifeWithAKid
7. Go read my friend Marian’s post today. Beautiful. If you need to read beautiful, inspiring, real words, go read hers.
8. Having a kid in daycare is hard. There are days where I just want to spend the whole day with him. A few weeks ago, we had a Friday off work and school so we just had all-day family time. A morning of bowling, an afternoon at the driving range. So fun and heart-filling!
Yes, my little has his own golf clubs. And yes, they are the cutest thing ever.
9. Here’s a sneak-peek of a new lamp in our living room. I’m completely obsessed with this lamp.
Forgive the unedited nature of this photo. Straight out of iPhone camera. You’ll be seeing a more detailed view pretty soon.
10. I can’t leave a list of 9 hanging there. So here’s number 10. 🙂 Happy weekending, friends!