How NOT to celebrate Labor Day:
• Come home from work on Friday afternoon before Labor Day to a broken A/C unit
• Call the landlord and the repair guy and find out that no one has a part to fix the A/C unit
• Sweat through Friday night and Saturday morning with no A/C
• Leave the house Saturday afternoon just to get away from the heat
• Rig a homemade air conditioner out of a cooler to take the edge off
• Go to church early Sunday morning just to get some free A/C
• Get a phone call the it won’t be fixed for possibly almost two more days
• Pack up the dog, cat, and toddler and get the heck outta town!
• Forget that you left fruit and a bowl of soup on the counter in the stifling heat
• Get a call that the A/C is fixed
• Pack up the dog, cat, and toddler and come back home to a stinky house
• Cat pees in the crate and smells up the car for the last hour of the ride
• Get the toddler in bed, the cat washed, and fall into bed, exhausted
How TO celebrate Labor Day:
• Enjoy Friday evening eating a meal and hanging out with family
• Go to Toys-R-Us and buy some “choo-choos and tractors”
• Go on a road trip with the whole family, cat included
• Spend some time with 4 adults, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a toddler in the in-laws’ air-conditioned house
• Eat some pizza
• Drink lots of Cherry Lemon Sun Drop
That about sums up our weekend. You may have noticed that I mentioned that we have a toddler! We have our second placement! He’s two years old and he’s so fun! The Boy loves choo-choos and tractors and cars and Daddy. He’s a daddy’s boy, for sure! I love to see Cody interact with our new little one. I can’t wait to tell you more stories!
Our poor kitty cat does not travel. He isn’t even allowed outside because he would run away. He’s perfectly content being an indoor kitty and hates the car. Well, we put him in the dog crate (so he’d have some room to move around but wouldn’t have free reign of the car) and he made it all the way to the in-laws’ house without seeming too traumatized. In the picture at the top, you can see his paw sticking out and his nose just barely sticking out from under the blanket. Silly kitty. He did that all by himself.
Once we got in the house, he was pretty much hidden for about 12 of the 36 hours that we were there. Poor kitty.
On the way home, he made it just over half way before his bladder succumbed to the nerves. 🙂 You guys, I felt so bad for him. Once I got him bathed, (which was miserable for both of us but I just couldn’t handle the smell) he licked his emotional wounds and is completely back to normal this morning!
Our house is still a wreck. I’ll be cleaning that up tonight. However, we are happy to be home in the A/C safe and sound!
Hope you had a great Labor Day!