You see those bottles in the picture? That’s basically all I use for my skin (and the makeup behind it…not all of it at one time, though!) and it’s simple, inexpensive, and very effective!
First up: Cleanse.
The bottle on the left (with the silver washi tape) is my cleanser. I use oil to cleanse my face. (Which I know sounds counterintuitive, but oil dissolves oil. The oil I use to wash my face dissolves the yucky, dirty oil that my face produces during the day.) That bottle has a 50/50 blend of castor oil and jojoba oil, plus 5 drops of Frankincense oil and 5 drops of Purification oil. (Remember those oils?)
Here are the steps I take to wash my face:
• Wet face
• Pour a smidge of oil mixture into the palm of my hand. (A little goes a long way!)
• Rub in small circles all over face, making sure to focus on trouble spots
• Wet a washcloth as hot as you can stand it
• Drape over face and sit for a couple of minutes to let the washcloth “steam” your pores
• Once the washcloth cools, use it to wipe the oil off your face
• Rinse the washcloth in warm water and wipe face again
• Voila! All clean!
The bottle on the right (orange washi tape) is my moisturizer. It is grape seed oil with, again, 5 drops of Frankincense and 5 drops of Purification.
Note: I used grape seed oil because that’s what I had on hand. There are tons of different oils you can use!
This one is really simple. I tilt the bottle to get the oil near the top. Then I dip my finger in to touch the oil and rub in all over my face. Usually I have to dip my finger in twice to cover my whole face.
(About once a week, I will exfoliate my face by mixing up a watery paste of baking soda and water and “scrub” my face with it.)
I do this routine each night and find that each morning, I just splash a little water on my face to wake me up and I’m good to go! I love that it’s all natural and is great for my skin without the addition of synthetics!
This is just what I use. This same concoction may not work as well for you as it does for me. Experiment! I’ve cleansed my face with a 50/50 mixture of castor oil and olive oil in the past! Find what works for you!
• Essential Oils from Young Living
• Glass jars from Walmart (I use glass for all of my essential oil recipes)
• Grape seed oil from Amazon
• Jojoba from Trader Joe’s
• Castor oil from Walmart