Okay, I’m not really linking up this week. I have not posted ONE PICTURE to Instagram! Oh, I’ve taken plenty of pictures and even videos, but they’ve all been of the twins, and I can’t share them online!
Twin highlights of the week:
• The twins started daycare this week. Super great for them, super sad for Daddy and Mommy…it’s so hard to leave them everyday but we find comfort in knowing that they play hard, learn a lot, and sleep well at night! 🙂
• Have I mentioned that one twin is a girl and one is a boy? Basically the best combination. 🙂 Well, Little Man took his first steps this week! This is HUGE for him! When they first came to live with us, they could not even walk while holding our hands. It’s amazing how fast kids change and grow!
• They are loving solid food more and more. Being at daycare and getting a lot of variety at meal time helps so much!
• They have slept through the night since day 1 of being with us. That is such a huge blessing!
• I’m really not sure if I’ve ever seen smilier kids! They smile and giggle all day!
• Okay, sometimes they really do cry. I mean, life’s not perfect. They hate to get their diapers changed. Little Man hates his carseat until the car starts moving. Little Lady hates it when brother takes her sippy cup (who wouldn’t?). They both hate being left alone to play. And they both hate to be put down at night. Each of those times, they will cry for a couple of minutes. But by and large, they are happy!
• They love to play in their room. However, one or both of us have to be in there with them. The room is safe and we feel comfortable with them being alone in there, but they just sit at the gate and cry if we step out, even to just go to the bathroom or grab a sippy cup. When we are in the room with them, they may or may not be interested in playing with us directly, but feel much more comfortable with us there. I certainly don’t mind their attachment. Much better than the alternative. But I do want them to learn to play independently for a few minutes at a time. Any tips to teach one-year-olds how to entertain themselves for a few minutes?
• They LOVE to splash in the bathtub!
That’s all for twin highlights!
Reminder: I’m co-hosting a Young Living Essential Oils workshop tomorrow morning! If you’re free, we’d love to have you! Just email me or leave a comment! It’s gonna be so fun and there will be giveaways! Yay!