I mentioned yesterday that our cherish children are twins. We’re just five days in of parenting twins and there is so much to learn!
• Take two snack cups everywhere. Just do it.
• By crying when he should be sleeping, one trains the other to sleep through anything. Need to vacuum? Go for it? Run the blender? Blend away! Twins that share a room can sleep through a tornado!
• One may or may not poop in the tub and there is no movement as swift as getting two kids out before said poop contaminates all the water.
• Nothing puts the fear of God in you like poop in a bathtub.
• Twins can hit each other, crawl over each other, pull each other’s hair and it doesn’t phase them! They just keep playing! (On the other hand, have two friends playing and one whacks the other, the tears with never stop.)
• Even one-year-old twins have a special connection that makes them check on the other to make sure he/she is okay.
• Barring sickness, if only one parent is feeding twins, just use one spoon. It will reserve a lot of sanity for when you really need it!
• Having a dog will save you A LOT of time from picking up A LOT of cheerios.
• Moment of silence for the awesomeness of pack-n-plays. *Sigh*
• These things are awesome. (Get some, even if you only have one kid.) Each kid having their own and keeping themselves entertained while you are fixing dinner/cleaning/eating/anything else? Priceless.
• You don’t have enough hands. For anything.
• Twins are eerily in sync. Except when they’re not. And they’re moving in opposite directions. Not enough hands.
• Twins have distinct personalities. They are, after all, two individual people. However, when you see them teetering on unsteady feet beside each other at the bookshelf and their stances are the same, it’s a special feeling!
• You’ll check the mail and will be too tired to remember to close the mailbox. And then you’ll wonder if it’s even worth it to roll the window back down and close it.
Come back soon for more things I learn about parenting twins!!