You guys remember the What’s in My Bag post? That one seemed to be popular so here is What’s in My Bag: Office Edition. 🙂
Do you work in an office? Do you reach a point in your day when you realize that you need an emory board, or some hand lotion and there’s nothing around?
Well, shortly after I started working in an office environment, I realized that having all those little things handy really lowers my potential for stress. I feel that I’m most productive when I have a stress-free atmosphere and it’s amazing how a survival kit can do that for me! I keep it in my desk drawer in a cute pink pouch for any moment when I need to reach for some Burt’s.
Here’s my list of “office essentials” that get me through the day:
* Mouthwash: ‘Cause when you go to lunch with the ladies and enjoy those onions on your sandwich? Yeah, mouthwash.
* Wisps: I keep a few packages of these on hand. I found them in the travel section at Walmart. Why? See mouthwash above. 🙂
* Flossy-pick things: Again, see mouthwash and Wisps. You just never know when someone will offer you some Funyuns. (Just kidding. Don’t eat Funyuns. Because gross.)
* A few bobby pins: Perfect for rogue bangs that just need to be pulled back out of your eyes. These are my favorite. And you get a bajillionty for just a few dollars. Which I can then *poof* make magically disappear…
* Mascara: I have this really bad habit of walking out the door with everything except my mascara and I don’t remember until I get to work. Okay, mascara and shoes. I’ve made it all the way to the car in my slippers before. Shameful. Maybe keeping an extra pair of shoes in here wouldn’t be a bad idea…
* Manicure set: $4 from Walmart and so handy for that aggravating hang nail!
* Smelly-good lotion: Raise your hand if your work’s bathroom hand soap is made from liquified sandpaper. Yeah. Every time I wash my hands, they feel dry and itchy. Having some yummy lotion nearby is exactly what I need.
* Burt’s Bees: Does this really need an explanation? It’s my favorite. And the picture above only shows one tube. Real life would prove that I have at least three on my person at all times.
* Hand sanitizer: Exactly what I need to rub over my hands before I reach into the candy jar!
I love having these items within arm’s reach at work! Each office environment will lend itself to different “survival kits.”
A few other ideas for your Office Survival Kit:
• Pain killers for that staring-at-the-computer-screen-all-day headache.
• Antacid for that heartburn from those Funyuns.
• Some wet wipes
• Travel-size deodorant
• Tide pen
• Safety pins
• Travel sewing kit
What would you put in your survival kit? Please share!