Ahhh, summer. The time of the year when everything feels…different. More relaxed. Free. Recharging.
Nothing really changes for me in the summer. Work continues mostly as normal. No kids in the house so home life continues as normal. Even still, there’s something about summer that makes me want to read more. So here’s my list for summer reading.
1. Mended • Angie Smith: I picked this one up in a book store a few weeks ago but I haven’t cracked it open yet. I’ve read Angie’s blog for several years and I’ve read other books of hers. Can’t wait to dig into this one!
2. Carrie and Me • Carol Burnett: This was on the bargain table at the book store last week. Couldn’t pass it up! It’s a memoir Carol wrote about her daughter.
3. Rhinestone Jesus • Kristen Welch: I’ve read Kristen’s blog for such a long time. I’ve been wanting to buy this book since I heard she had written it!
4. Surprised by Motherhood • Lisa Jo Baker: Okay, I know I’m not a mom yet, but I’ve heard so many good things about this book, I couldn’t leave it on the book store shelf.
5. The Nesting Place • Myquillin Smith: Yes, I’ve already read this one front to back, but it’s one I will definitely keep on hand to flip through for inspiration!
Do you have any special reading plans for the summer? Please share!
*Links are Amazon affiliate links.*