Yep. That’s me. I got a new job. That’s why I’ve been neglecting this poor blog…
It’s just temporary…I’m filling in for an administrative assistant at the college where I already work until she gets back from a medical leave.
Here are some things I’ve learned from being an Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Student Life:
1. It totally makes your day when you successfully transfer a call and not hang up on the person on the other end. Note: I haven’t lost a call yet. *fingers crossed*
2. It makes for a long day when you can’t get to the part of the computer where all the important, work-related stuff is.
3. There’s a lot of stamping.
4. There are moments where you feel overwhelmed like Andy Sachs from The Devil Wears Prada. Thankfully, I don’t work with any “Devils.” The people in Student Life are delightful and super helpful to this newbie who doesn’t know where to file those darn requisition forms.
5. LOTS of emailing.
6. There are amazing people who work on this campus in other departments that are really helpful!
7. LOTS of copies.
8. And intercampus mail.
9. It’s awesome to get to interact with the students on a daily basis!
10. Have I mentioned how awesome the people are? Cause they’re amazing!
I’m so blessed to be a part of a great community. I love this campus and getting to work there on a full-time basis has been a huge blessing! No matter how temporary!
Sadly, I don’t get to crochet for hours a day but I love my job! I promise I’ll be back on a more regular basis…I just need to get a couple of parts of my life a little more organized! Starting with the laundry…