This is a recipe that I pinned a few days ago and as soon as I mentioned it to Cody, he got really excited! And that got me really excited!
The image on the left is the original and the one on the right is mine. I could not find an original source for this recipe. If you know where it came from, please let me know!
First off, I HATE cooking with raw, thawed chicken. I usually just buy it frozen, throw it in the crockpot, and then cook it and not have to worry about nasty raw chicken. But unfortunately, for this recipe, I had to handle it. Ick.
The directions are super easy. (These numbers coordinate with the picture because I’m prepared like that.)
1. Throw four to six raw (ick!) chicken breasts in a baking dish. (I used four cause they were huge!)
2. Add potatoes, cut up into pieces. (The original pic had red potatoes…I just used what I had on hand.)
3. Add green veggies. I used green beans like the picture. I LOVE green beans. I used canned green beans from the garden.
4. Sprinkle a packet of Italian Dressing Mix and a melted stick of butter over everything. Mmmmm butter…
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for an hour. (Not pictured, obviously.)
I thought this was a pretty good recipe. It was super easy and quick to throw everything together in one pan and throw in the oven. I really liked that. My only complaint is that the potatoes that were above the butter didn’t get completely soft like the ones swimming. That could have been because I forgot to cover it with foil. My bad.
The chicken wasn’t dry at all but also didn’t have a whole lot of flavor. Maybe next time I’ll marinate it in Italian dressing for the afternoon.
Overall, this recipe is a winner and I’ll probably make it again…if I can deal with the raw chicken… 🙂
And here’s a picture of the green beans I used. Just because they’re pretty. And I canned them. 🙂